Customer Support Engineer - Diagnostics - Cataluña
ResponsibilitiesLocation Barcelona, ES Job ID JR-019823
Impact sales of PerkinElmer Diagnostics by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
Impact positively on the overall performance of the PerkinElmer Diagnostics Business by maintaining a flexible approach to work. Planning and executing work in an effective and efficient manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
He/she will have to travel around 50% of his/her time covering Cataluña.
- Performs field service as advised by the call dispatch staff/system in conjunction with the Service Leader, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of, primarily diagnostics systems and their peripherals and accessories. In addition, provide support to other divisions supporting analytical and clinical instrumentation and their accessories as time permits. Provide first line onsite user training on diagnostics systems.
- Organizing routine maintenance allocated on a monthly basis.
- At the request of the Service Operations Manager, performs service on behalf of PerkinElmer overseas offices, to the standard expected in Spain, at sites of overseas customers.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc, on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Goal statements, already embedded in the Company Culture.
Certificate of Higher Education or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Chemistry or Biology to senior school level.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related Customer Service Environment.
- Broad understanding of Prenatal and Neonatal Screening as well as PerkinElmer Diagnostics Systems an advantage although training will be given where necessary.
- Expert PC user with a knowledge of Microsoft OS (XP, 7), ability to network PCs and an appreciation of Laboratory Information Systems.
- Background in Electronics preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Incumbent must have excellent people management and motivational skills.
Communication/interpersonal skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and good level in English; an additional language would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
- Ability to travel around 50% of the time
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."