End Market Manager - Chemicals
Austin, Texas | Albany, New York | University of Alberta Canada | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Boston, Massachusetts | Canada | Carson City, Nevada | Columbia, South Carolina | Columbus, Ohio | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Austin, TexasUS Job ID JR-032993
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Position: Segment Market Leader – Chemicals
The Segment Market Leader for Chemicals will be responsible for developing and executing segment growth strategies to drive and expand market share on identified markets (chemicals, mining, semiconductor and electronics). The incumbent is expected to build a clear understanding of global market needs & trends including, future market requirements.
The successful candidate will be expected to have managerial experience and be capable of leading a team of application scientists to produce workflow-based solutions, leveraging the broader PerkinElmer analytical Portfolio including, atomic spectroscopy (AA, ICP and ICP-MS), molecular spectroscopy (fluorescence, UV and infrared) and chromatography (LC and GC), and respective techniques and accessories. They will work closely with marketing partners, product managers and regional sales managers to successfully build a roadmap of solutions to best position our current and future portfolio to meet or exceed revenue and margin expansion expectations.
This role will be responsible for leading the global market strategy and its execution in regional territories. This leader is expected to build relationships with key opinion leaders within our current customer base and identify potential strategic accounts and professional organizations, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon. This is a fully remote opportunity.
- Own the development of end market growth strategies (short and long term) based factual analysis of market trends and market change factors; competitive applications portfolios; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment.
- Champion the development and prioritization of segment specific workflows to include, reagents, consumables, instrument, and accessories.
- Lead the application team to deliver on the application road map on key market specific areas that enable our solutions to be differentiated and add value to our customers
- Own and managing collaborator agreements/relationships on a global basis to support the set strategy closely collaborating with regional stake holders
- Improve best practices to effective value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements
- Drive deployment of commercial sales tools and mange workflows and application training to drive sales effectiveness and ensure successful commercialisation of developed solutions
- Ability to translate and channel end market customer pain points into product requirements and successfully present these findings to product managers to shape product roadmaps
- Actively develop relationships with commercial teams, KOLs and key customers in priority end market segments.
- Own the end market AOP, working closely with regional key leaders to meet or exceed agreed plans
- Meets business and end market KPIs, such as revenue, margin expansion market penetration and share gain.
- Support the development of strategic planning initiatives (SGS), M&A due diligence and other new growth initiatives
- Actively participate in relevant regulatory and industry bodies (like ASTM, EPA, REACH, SEMI ect)
- Bachelor's Degree AND a minimum of 10 years in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management or R&D related to Analytical techniques
- A minimum of one year of supervising and managing teams
- Master’s Science or PhD degree (preferably in the field of chemistry), and good business acumen (MBA preferred)
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating market segment roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Deep knowledge of the chemicals market (commodity, fine and specialty chemicals)
- Ability to develop customer needs into product requirements and/or applications solutions to drive business growth
- Significant experience leading cross functional teams to drive business results.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."