Associate Shipping & Receiving Specialist
ResponsibilitiesLocation Austin, TexasUS Job ID JR-024287
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Checking inbound material from outside vendors and internal shipping points that forward stock material in Austin for shipments to domestic and international carriers.
· Pulling and packing finished good from the shelves and processing them for shipment.
· Processing domestic and international paperwork for outgoing material.
· Working with Inventory Control personnel to label and store incoming materials.
· Performing Cycle Counts / Area Counts with limited assistance.
· Performing Inventory Control processes with incoming material to label and store incoming materials.
· Pulling orders from the printer & distribute shipping papers to proper areas and rectify any order discrepancies.
· Adherence to ISO guidelines and the PerkinElmer quality policy.
· Ability to work later shift.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
· Associate Degree
· 0-2 years of shipping & receiving experience
· Knowledge of cycle count process and Inventory Control.
Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
· Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
· Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP/Oracle)
· Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word / Excel)
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
· Lift, carry, push, and pull up to 60 lbs. unassisted
· Frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”