Associate Lab TechnolgistApply Now
- Austin, TX
Title:Associate Lab Technologist
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager
Location: Austin, TX
The Associate Lab Technologist will perform standard operating procedures applying basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment, and record keeping necessary to manufacture and test Food and Feed Safety products. Follow detailed instructions for assigned tasks or project with direct supervision.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute product manufacturing according to established procedures, record the data, interpret results and validate the quality of the data.
- Perform in-process and/or final quality control testing and accurately document all results.
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions.
- Support general lab functions, setup, calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Production records will be reviewed by senior production staff or supervisor.
- Perform transactions using ERP or equivalent system.
- Accurate and reliable inventory management participation.
- Achieve high productivity while maintaining all quality standards.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Critically think about the manufacturing process and suggest improvements to maintain high quality standards.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects.
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the PerkinElmer quality policy.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional work environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks.
- Work may involve the handling of hazardous or biological materials. Must have adequate training to safely handle these materials and work safely under laboratory rules and SOPs.
- May include labeling, dispensing, packaging of reagents and final product.
- Participate in the investigation, recording and implementation of product deviations or CAPA systems.
- Participate in transfer and implementation of new products into the production lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or B.S. degree in Life Sciences, or related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of job related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with common equipment such as plate readers, centrifuges, balances, and liquid transfer equipment
- Experience or knowledge of assays such as ELISA and Lateral Flow.
- Pipette reproducibly.
- Basic lab and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the operations group.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Proactive, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Follow directions and instructions accurately.
- Address and report to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Some laboratory positions may require the ability to lift 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams