Application Scientist – Food Safety
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Austin, Texas Status Regular Job ID JR-016352
Is it time to make a change? Are you looking for a Company that values its employees and cares about each employees contribution? Here at PerkinElmer we have built an environment that accomplishes these very things! Come join a team that is Mission focused and cares about each employee.
I am glad I made the change to PerkinElmer, best decision of my career!
I look forward to talking to you about this role.
In this role, the Application Scientist will manage a vital scientific relationship with our customers in the post-sale life cycle of our food safety product line to include applications development, training and other product related activities. The Application Scientist will work collaboratively with the product management team and other functions to develop new applications for existing products in a laboratory setting, provide product training and assist customers with experimental design and troubleshooting end results for ELISA, lateral flow, and other technologies in the food safety portfolio. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
- Design extraction methods on Food Samples for Immunoassay testing.
- Provide product training to field sales team as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty.
- Be the voice of customer, providing feedback to the market management and product management team on potential new opportunities and products
- Effectively articulate data results to the customer including troubleshooting abilities.
- Champion the laboratory and VOC work needed to enhance existing products.
- Assist the Field Sales Team by identifying and establishing high level customer relationships
- Assist the Field Sales Team by providing product and instrument demonstrations
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Provide and deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality are available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Marketing organization to drive marketing campaigns on new applications developed.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- Work closely with the R&D group to plan experiments that are relevant to the client base
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science.
- Software experience in data interpretation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in food safety.
- Recent PhD. Grad
- Experience in ELISA and lateral flow technologies.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Teaching skills, clear communication ability, capacity to effectively provide consultation, and proven ability and willingness to present in front of large groups are all required.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential. Highly committed, competitive and goal-driven professional with industry workflow experience necessary to properly position
Interested? Click here to learn more about us!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams