Key Account Sales Specialist
Atlanta, Georgia | Baltimore, Maryland | Charlotte, North Carolina | Jacksonville, Florida | , United Kingdom | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Raleigh, North Carolina | Research Triangle Park, North Carolina | Washington, DC
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Charlotte, North Carolina, Jacksonville, Florida, United Kingdom, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Raleigh, North Carolina, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Washington, DC Status Regular Job ID JR-021103
Key Account Sales Specialist
The Key Account Sales Specialist will sell Products and Services directly to identified customers in each regional territory and provide overlay support for Instruments sales to the PerkinElmer regional Key Accounts that span the Food and Agriculture sector.
Primary job responsibility is to sell PerkinElmer solutions and related services into a defined set of Key Accounts. This individual will identify, qualify, and close new opportunities. This includes the entire sales process from business development, prospecting, and specification through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. They will leverage the PerkinElmer sales model, accounting planning tools and SFDC to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
- Drive customer relationships to expand the book of business into defined Key accounts along with potential regionally prospected accounts.
- Each Key Account Sales Specialist will be provided a target list of accounts within his/her region. Domestic travel will be required to support various sites around a given territory.
- For accounts that have a corresponding international location, Key Account Sales Specialist will be required to coordinate sales and opportunities to make sure pricing, discounts and solutions are in alignment within a given region. This coordination and communication should happen on a weekly/monthly basis with sales, business unit and service teams.
- Drive Professional Service Sales in partnership with OneSource Laboratory Services group– expanding new sites locations regionally and extend services in existing PerkinElmer sites.
- Prepare action plans or joint evaluation plans by accounts that are customer facing to help accelerate closing cycles for all transactions.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly communication with the regional sales team.
- Host annual ELT (Executive Leadership Team) meetings with customer across the full PKI portfolio.
- Conduct Quarterly status or Business Review (monthly) meetings with the customer.
- Enter opportunity leads into SFDC for regional product pull through.
- Create Annual Account Plans for assigned Key Accounts outlining utilization of resources required to penetrate and grow the book of business at the Key Account across multiple-sites and platforms.
- Prepare Briefing Documents for each account for internal leadership review before any meeting.
- Drive Voice-of-the-Customer feedback to sales team, product management, OneSource, and R&D teams to impact the solution roadmap.
- Draft and negotiate all new and revised supply agreements.
- Accountable for working with local Sr. Sales Specialists to enter all opportunities into SFDC and manage their quarterly forecast and activities to Sr. Sales Manager and Director.
- Advance relationships with the business and customer leadership teams (C Suite).
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with Sr. Sales Specialists and assist sales cycles where possible. Help drive to closure at the highest-level relationship within each Key Account.
- Work to become a trusted advisor within the business vs. Procurement only relationships.
- Work very closely with the service on site team for complaint handling, expansion, and renewal of contract business.
- BS/BA or equivalent 10+ years sales experience.
- Independent, self-motivated, competitive, high powered and polished.
- Familiarity with science-based companies, including Food & Industrial, and their workflows across R&D, Operations, etc.
- Broad knowledge of the laboratory environment and requirements coupled with the ability to develop custom solutions to meet the changing needs of the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong Analytical Skills, understanding of Sales Processes, Account Management techniques and complex negotiation skills.
- Track record of demonstrated leadership in a matrixed organization with cross functional teams to drive initiatives.
- Experience selling to medium and large size customers/accounts.
- Skill Set should include: Sales Methods, ROI/TCO modeling and the complex sale in a multiple product environment.
- Must work well in a team environment, with multiple resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of our industry, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of big data and how that data can be leveraged in a sales cycle is a plus.
- Knowledge of CRM tools like SFDC is required.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams