Atlanta, Georgia | Albany, New York | Albuquerque, New Mexico | Allentown, Pennsylvania | Austin, Texas | Baltimore, Maryland | Branford, Connecticut | Brooklyn, New York | Charlotte, North Carolina | Cincinnati, Ohio | , Remote
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Atlanta, Georgia, Albany, New York, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Branford, Connecticut, Brooklyn, New York, Charlotte, North Carolina, Cincinnati, Ohio, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-025977
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- Coordinate the definition, design and delivery of projects in a genetic testing environment, including, process workflows, data management and integration of our backend lab systems into our customer facing environments.
- Responsible to lead all aspects of project delivery including implementing work breakdown structure and management of distinct work packages into a working project schedule.
- Serve as a partner for PerkinElmer Genomics operational and commercial teams in leading developments that help us to become more competitive and serve our customers.
- Provide general support for Program Management.
- Drive and participate in standard internal reporting forums, escalating project risks and issues, project updates, accomplishments and future actions.
- High expectation to drive and participate in sharing of lessons learned and best practices for all project activities.
- Minimum of 5+ years related project management experience, preferably in a laboratory setting, genetic testing or healthcare setting.
- Create detailed project scope and requirements documentation to build lab processes and web applications.
- Assist in developing business case, cost estimates, risk matrix.
- Strong capabilities using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and Smartsheet and Excel.
- PMP or similar Project Management certification is a desired but not required.
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing; translates technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences. Able to liaise effectively with both business partners and development teams
- Individual must be highly self-motivated and demonstrated ability to execute initiatives with minimal direction and manage a wide range of issues to resolution.
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the design and deployment of complex projects, with demonstrated success in healthcare related project leadership and business analysis.
- Experience with project delivery in a global company and coordination with multi-location-based project teams is critical.
- Command skills – courage to take unpopular stand as necessary, encourages healthy debate but is decisive; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Managerial courage – provides timely, actionable feedback; addresses people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; takes action in a timely manner.
- Create a result-oriented environment facilitating the accomplishment of individual and team commitments.
- Encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions respecting individuals and cultures.
- Uses multiple resources to identify and solve difficult problems by providing effective solutions.
- Proactive identification of problems and concerns; ability to provide this feedback to key individuals.
- Manage project timelines and provide ongoing updates on project status to achieve objectives.
- Lead and drive projects working across business stakeholders, technical leads and development partners.
- Responsible for coordinating project activities involving a number of parties, including a variety of vendors and PerkinElmer employees at all levels.
- Responsible for driving delivery of all project related deliverables.
- Understanding of the regulatory and quality requirements preferred.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams