Field Support Specialist - Nexcelom
Annapolis, Maryland | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Annapolis, MarylandUS Job ID JR-025808
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Nexcelom Bioscience has an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer to be based in the Maryland Area. The Field Service Engineer’s duties are wide ranging and include: Maintenance, repair and calibration of Nexcelom products principally at customer sites and at Nexcelom facilities or other locations as needed. Provides technical support directly to customers via remote support (Email phone etc). Collaborating with team members to find innovative solutions and provide technical expertise. Comfortable communicating technical issues to lab managers and scientists.
- Perform service activities, including product maintenance, repair, calibration and installation of equipment
- Conduct debugging and root cause failure analysis
- Document activities
- Actively represent Service department on product development and technical support teams
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences
- Expected travel up to approximately 75%. Primarily continental US with occasional international travel, typically on short notice.
- Abide by Nexcelom policies and procedures
- 2-year degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Knowledgeable using test equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Micrometers etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers and computer hardware, experienced with Windows based operating systems
- Ability to debug electromechanical systems and to conduct root cause failure analysis
- Experience working in a traveling/servicing role
- Strong ability and proven track record of problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with teams to accomplish organizational goals
- Can expect to occasionally lift objects up to 60 lbs.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”