Field Service Engineer - Nexcelom
Annapolis, Maryland | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Richmond, Virginia | Trenton, New Jersey | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Annapolis, MarylandUS Job ID JR-025808
Nexcelom Bioscience has an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer to be based in the Maryland Area. The Field Service Engineer’s duties are wide ranging and include 1) maintain, repair. and calibration of Nexcelom products, principally at customer sites and at Nexcelom facilities or other locations as needed. 2) provide technical support directly to customers via remote support (Email phone etc). 3) collaborate with team members to find innovative solutions and provide technical expertise. 4) adept in communicating technical issues to lab managers and scientists.
- Perform service activities, including product maintenance, repair, calibration and installation of equipment.
- Conduct debugging and root cause failure analysis.
- Document activities.
- Actively represent the Service department on product development and technical support teams.
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences.
- Expected travel up to approximately 75%. Primarily continental US with occasional international travel, typically on short notice.
- Abide by Nexcelom policies and procedures.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics or LifeSciences, or relevant military experience.
- 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services on test equipment and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable using test equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, and Micrometers.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services on test equipment and instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to debug electromechanical systems and to conduct root cause failure analysis
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reportsFamiliarity with computers (Office 365), database systems, computer hardware.
- Current and/or prior field service experience.
- Proven track record as a troubleshooter and problem-solver.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work effectively as part of a team working to accomplish organizational goals
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid driver's license.
- Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Parental Leave.
- Adoption Assistance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”