Cloud Operations Center Analyst
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) India Status Regular Job ID JR-019232
Title: Cloud Operations Center Analyst
The Cloud Operations Center team is primarily responsible for monitoring and managing the resolution of level1 and level2 could infrastructure, application and security based issues, it also provides escalation support to all kind of complex issues. CLOC support is 24 x 7, including weekends and holidays The CLOC will be based out of Hyderabad, India.
Span of Control
Reports to: CLOC Manager
- Act as the 24x7 escalation point to Cloud Infrastructure / Applications /Security teams.
- Pro-actively identify the common issues through the analysis of performance data and alerts.
- Perform real-time Tier1 and Tier2 troubleshooting to isolate, manage and resolve issues.
- Identifying, ticketing, resolving, dispatching, and escalating Incidents.
- Coordinates and tracks all maintenance activities.
- Monitors security logs across diverse platforms to uncover specific activities in could network and avoid potential outbreaks.
- Manage the intake of information and record accurately.
- Continuously evaluate the services provided by the CLOC and capture this information in the reports and metrics.
- Participate in 24x7 rotating shift schedule with ability to work day, evening, and weekends.
- Develop and maintain positive communications between all supporting functional departments
- Create and implement documentation and procedures for alerting and escalation.
- Conducts inspections on Cloud Infrastructure and performance and prepares reports.
- Use acquired knowledge to influence and improve IT practices and technologies.
- Open minded and ready to learn and absorb things.
- Theoretical knowledge in Ticketing / Incident / Problem / Change management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Sound Knowledge in monitoring tools such as OMS, New Relic, Cloud Watch and Logic Monitor
- Ground concepts of Cloud Computing, AWS, Azure, OMS.
- Decent Theoretical/ basic working knowledge in DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins/Chef/Terraforms, and Docker.
- Decent Theoretical/basic working knowledge in scripting like PowerShell, Bash, Shell scripting
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 knowledge, understanding of active directory, basic knowledge on Unix/Linux.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Must work well in a team environment.
Desired Academic & Good to have Professional Qualification
Graduate (10+2+3) or (10+2+4): Systems: MCSE / MCITP/MCP/ RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)/ VCP (VMware Certified Professional) Azure, OMS, AWS Trained/Certified
- English (Written & Verbal) Expertise
Minimum Work Experience
- Total Work Experience: 2 year.
- Relevant Work Experience: 2 year.
- For senior position same skills with 4 to 6 years total and relevant experience
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams