ViaCord Sales Representative
Albany, New York | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Albany, New York, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-024381
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Sales Representative to join our ViaCord team! ViaCord is a team of passionate, mission-driven, creative and entrepreneurial individuals providing newborn stem cell preservation and Genomic services to expectant families. These cutting-edge services are positioned to positively impact the future health of today’s families.
The objectives of this role are to ensure patients are educated on Family Banking & ViaCord as part of the decision-making process. You will play a part in leading community efforts in influencing pregnant moms to promote awareness for cord blood and cord tissue preservation. You will work closely with a team of Key Account Sales Specialists, Telesales Specialists and the Regional Sales Managers to establish relationships with clients and medical professionals through inbound and outbound calling as well as actively networking with organizations and business that provide services and education to expecting families.
- Accountable for sales activities and territory growth.
- Identify key partners in the market related to pregnant families – For example, 3D/4D Ultrasound, Pregnancy Groups, Child Birth Education & other businesses or influencers that work with pregnant families
- Passionate about social media outlets and the role it plays in connecting business and people.
- Work closely with the sales team to align daily activities and practices to effectively meet assigned business objectives and quota in strategic approach
- Lead qualification, quote generation, pricing justification, post-sale nurturing, sales reporting, bid searches, and standing order renewals
- Communicate effectively over the phone, in writing, and in person within the context of a highly-professional, technical/clinical, consultative inside sales environment.
- Document and track all leads, contacts, opportunities and activity history consistently and in accordance with best practices within Salesforce.com
- Assess territory accounts to define and initiate sales, marketing, and public relation activities to meet business objectives
- Negotiate and find effective solutions to questions, requests, and/or points of conflict with both clients and internal stakeholders with a focus on mutual benefit and lasting relationships
- Develop and deliver ViaCord’s service presentations to defined audience to achieve enrollment targets
- Identify, assist and exhibit at local professional & network meetings
- Assist with and generate local community and public awareness of the benefits of cord blood/cord tissue banking
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 + years of experience in business development, sales and/or marketing.
- Preferred experience in Women’s Healthcare, Genetics, Pediatrics, Nursing or Labor & Delivery.
- Strong analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive and solutions-oriented track record in sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and execute innovative approaches to selling products and services.
- Experience in building a highly successful and results-oriented territory plan.
- Driven and proactive with strong problem-solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues.
- Social media skills preferred.
- Willing to work nights and/or weekends 25% percent of the time as necessary.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams