MES Support Analyst
Rensselaer, New York
ResponsibilitiesLocation Rensselaer, New YorkUS Job ID JR-027546
Job Title: MES Support Analyst
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Type of Assignment: Full time
Job Description Summary
- Level 1/2/3 Support for a Manufacturing Application System
- Sets work expectations with customers and delivers against them. Familiar with software deployment and development life cycles. Possess excellent customer consulting, written and communication skills.
- Has knowledge/education in the Life Sciences or similar type organization and Information technology disciplines.
- Worked in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Is familiar with and may have worked on, manufacturing automation systems
- IT savvy, experience with IT systems management and associated processes, networking experience a plus
- Has provided support for manufacturing and/or IT systems
- Undergraduate degree, though extensive experience may substitute
- Writing skills are very important as they will be documenting complex aspects of the system
- Experience with electronic batch recording systems would be a plus, experience with any manufacturing applications systems would be outstanding
- This role could be filled by either an engineer who is IT savvy, or an IT person with manufacturing environment experience
- Learn and understand the system processes and procedures of the Customer’s MES system
- Document system and use processes and procedures for Customer review and approval
- Perform MES startup activities
- Provisioning users
- End-user support .
- Perform routine tasks/troubleshooting for the MES applications including:
- User Management – Add/Disable users, change permissions.
- Printer Management – Setting up printers (Zebra label printers mainly) in the MES Application and assigning them as needed to individual user terminals.
- Terminal Management – Configuring terminals within the MES Application so that they are utilizing the correct profiles for whatever process area they are being used in and have access to any relevant printers.
- Troubleshooting – Assisting with typical/reoccurring errors that users might come across, such as terminal connectivity issues, incorrect user rights, etc.
- Perform and assist with planning and support activities associated with bringing new process areas on-board throughout the year.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Life Sciences
- 2+ years of technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, manufacturing systems, networking
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with manufacturing environments and working in and with regulated (GMP) areas and systems
- Experience with scientific/manufacturinginstrumentation/equipment is a benefit
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”