Sr. Technical Writer
Albany, New York
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Albany, New York Status Regular Job ID JR-032677
- Write, create, draft, edit, review, and maintain documents designed to explain and test laboratory and automation systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creates and maintains technical writing standards.
- Writes, modifies, and changes-controlled documents.
- Writes, reviews, and maintains department standard operating procedures.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to materials prepared by other writers or personnel.
- Coordinates projects and documentation assignments.
- Works on Change Controls in a regulated GxP site
- Coordinates with Cross functional teams for sign offs on documents related to quality systems and Change Controls
- Manages and guides the completion of Change Controls under their purview
- Utilizes excellent communication skills to drive the completion of work
- Balances workload of changing priorities to deliver urgent documents in a timely fashion
- BS/BA degree required
- 7-10+ years of experience with bio pharmaceutical equipment or manufacturing, particularly in Quality Review required
- Good documentation practices (GDP)
- FDA regulated environments
- Laboratory systems
- Nonconformance and deviation management
- Building consensus among subject matter experts
- Process mapping
- Harmonizing documentation across groups
- Document control including document management system
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams