Field Application Scientist - Biologics Characterization
Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Hartford, Connecticut | Trenton, New Jersey | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Albany, New York, Annapolis, Maryland, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Hartford, Connecticut, Trenton, New Jersey, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-027398
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career in the sciences, outside of the lab - look no further. The Field Application Scientist for PerkinElmer’s Biologics Characterization team will offer the opportunity to bring relevant skill sets to a more entrepreneurial-focused career path. You will have the opportunity to articulate application-focused relevancy, perform proof-of-concept evaluations, and provide support to customers using the LabChip GXII platform. Act as a technical liaison between customers and PerkinElmer’s Sales and Business teams to meet and maintain customer needs and help further their science. Operate within a designated territory and provide onsite and remote customer support, and offer customers a comprehensive solution approach for their Biologics Characterization needs.
- Work closely with PerkinElmer’s Biologics Characterization Sales staff as the technical liaison providing presentations and introducing the Labchip GXII Touch CE-SDS Microfluidics Platform to PerkinElmer's customer base.
- Provide basic and advanced software, hardware, and assay training, for the Labchip portfolio.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Contribute to company knowledge base.
- Periodically perform relevant talks and present scientific posters at industry conferences and other events.
- Collaborate with key customers to execute on application-focused white papers and application notes.
- Help identify new relevant applications and end-markets for the Labchip portfolio.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company database or other required format.
- Work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge.
- Must be able to travel nationally. Requires flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 50% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant Life Sciences Discipline
- 2+ years' experience in Biologics Development and/or Protein Sciences Research
- Strong working knowledge of the Biologics Workflows within the Pharma/Biopharma industry. Familiarity with industry standard practices and technology platforms
- PhD or MS in Life Sciences Discipline
- Experience with CE platforms a benefit
- Experience troubleshooting complex assays
- Experience with data analysis and computer knowledge.
- Must have good time management and relationship-building skills.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent ability to teach and articulate complex concepts
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new computer hardware and software skills
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams