Field Applications Scientist
Akron, Ohio, Denver, Colorado, Downers Grove, Illinois, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Naperville, Illinois, South Bend, Indiana, Waterloo, Canada,
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Akron, OH
- Denver, CO
- Downers Grove, IL
- Minneapolis, MN
- Naperville, IL
- South Bend, IN
- Waterloo, Ontario
- United States
Field Applications Scientist, Drug Discovery & Detection Systems
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success. This Field Applications Scientist role will specialize in sales and support of the Drug Discovery Reagents and Multilabel Detection platforms. Specific emphasis will focus on: assay consultation, focused seminars, reagent and instrument evaluations, customer training, and follow-up support. Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Drug Discovery market. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer we make a difference every day – helping scientists, clinicians and government agencies detect more quickly and more accurately the means to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
PerkinElmer’s Detection team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Government, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include Alpha, LANCE, and DELFIA drug discovery reagents; Multimode Plate Readers; Microplates; Lites Luciferase reagents; and Western Lightning Western Blot consumables. The Field Applications Scientist team works closely with an integrated sales team, helping to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Support the Drug Discovery Reagents and Multilabel Detection products in the Great Lakes and Midwest regions. The territory comprises the states of MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, MN, WI, NE, IA, IL, IN, OH, and MI
- Execute demonstrations of PerkinElmer’s drug discovery products in support of pre-sales activity including seminar talks, talks at local conferences, poster sessions, and consultative discussions with key customers
- Support customer adoption of PerkinElmer technologies (Alpha, LANCE, DELFIA and Multilabel Detection instruments) by providing demonstrations and application development
- Assist sales team in closing large and influential opportunities
- Work at a scientific level with customers to maximize their experimental quality and robustness
- Provide product training to the field sales team as new features/functionality become available for designated products and domain specialties
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements to ensure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing competitive assessments for the region and scientific domain
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in the life sciences is required (PhD is preferred)
- 3+ years in a laboratory setting performing drug discovery research, HTS, immunoassays and assay development
- Experience with PerkinElmer reagents and instrumentation is preferred
- Prior industry experience is preferred
- Strong teaching skills, clear communication ability, capacity to effectively provide consultation, and proven ability and willingness to present in front of large groups are all required
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential
- The Chicago and Detroit areas are ideal home office locations for this position, though other locations within the territory would be considered
- Willingness for up to 50% overnight travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams