Associate Software Engineer
ResponsibilitiesLocation Akron, OhioUS Job ID JR-019998
At PerkinElmer, we are looking for people who are excited to thrive in innovation. PerkinElmer is a global biotechnology and life sciences company with nearly 4,000 patents and $3.8 Billion in revenue. With state-of-art technologies and solutions, our mission is to innovate for a healthier world. PerkinElmer helps a variety of Academic, Government, and the top 20 Pharma companies around the world providing customers with science software-as-a-service (SaaS), laboratory services, and life science instrument technologies and solutions.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with your teammates to efficiently scope, plan and execute on a variety of tasks and solutions for our laboratory screening software. You'll also spend time enabling our customers to focus on what they do best by installing, configuring, and training them on PerkinElmer diagnostic software. Those who will thrive in this position have a dedication to providing top-quality service to both customers and internal partners, with a keen eye for detail and new, innovative ideas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, validate, and support software applications responsible by DSS to meet the approved requirements and scope documentation and according to the Quality Management System.
- Conduct customer training sessions for software packages supported by DSS.
- Create appropriate documentation for all work performed, including but not limited to:
- Change Request Forms
- SSD approvals
- Technical Specification documents
- Verification Plans & Reports
- Issue Handling documentation in ticketing system
- Training materials
- Independently troubleshoot, resolve, and test technical issues.
- Communicate high-level product features for all newborn screening software applications.
- Learn and become familiar with general newborn screening laboratory workflow in order to better assist customers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science.
- 6 months+ experience with one of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Crystal Reports, or an Object-Oriented programming language.
- Masters in Computer Science.
- 6 monthsto 2 years of configuring software.
- Experience delivering what’s promised on time, proactively provide status reports, and have the up-side to independently manage tasks and projects from inception through completion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Experience working and problem-solving in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and execute a given test plan.
- Experience practicing engineering best practices, including proactively working with team members on code and configuration reviews.
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements.
- Able to perform assigned tasks within the scope of one application.
- Exposure to and understanding of general newborn screening laboratory workflow.
- Ability to listen and receive constructive criticism.
- Receptive to new, innovative ideas and solutions.
- Ability to follow detailed requirements and complete deliverables to meet commitments.
- Discusses solutions openly with team members to seek feedback and make improvements.
- Ensures the complete satisfaction of the customers.
- The position requires a willingness to travel frequently – 30% travel domestic and international.
- General office atmosphere and laboratory environment workspace.
- Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."