ResponsibilitiesLocation Thane West, MaharashtraIN Job ID JR-033620
The Application Scientist is responsible for Establishing a ‘production-support’ and ‘product-support’ and customer-support applications lab for Chromatography consumables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Understand customers’ current and future needs and design application development strategy to address those needs.
- Interfacing with Marketing and Sales for Voice of Customer (VOC) to assist R & D for new product development.
- Drive execution of turn-key applications development for respective markets.
- Generate standard operating procedures, application notes, posters, and/or peer reviewed publications for developed applications
- Conduct post development support including but not limit to SOP implementation, troubleshooting.
- Act as a subject matter expert and influencer to the R&D organization during implementation and conceptualization of new product.
- Evaluate competitive publications and presentations and come up with a clear strategy to demonstrate PerkinElmer’s competitive edge.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment, identify maintenance needs and ensure equipment is operational. Trouble-shoot competitor weakness. This will give R & D needed information as to how to design better products. This will require communication with sales, marketing and R & D to identify key pain points.
- Train new scientists to produce marketing collateral as the needs of PE expand for applications. This will include method development on new market areas including cannabis testing, foods/flavors/fragrances, drinking water applications, environmental applications.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Travel between PerkinElmer sites required
- Masters Degree in Chemistry or BioChemistry
- 5 years of hands on experience with chromatography instrumentation.
- Ph.D in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Knowledge of chromatography theory and components.
- Ability to troubleshoot Chromatographic related issues.
- Experience in cannabis, food, environmental applications.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Passionate about working in a lab developing applications to address customer needs.
- Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams, customers, and large audience (during conferences).
Office, Production and Lab Environments
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."